What makes you smile? Laugh? Go giddy with glee? For some, it’s a bubble bath in a big tub, walk barefoot through the grass. For another, it’s a spin on a roller coaster, a solo movie date, or a perfectly ripe mango.
So… when was the last time you did something that makes you happy?
If it’s been awhile, consider this: happiness lowers stress levels, increases immune system function, and lowers your risk of disease. It also makes life easier.
The Magic Formula for Daily Happiness
Doing one thing per day (or more!) that makes you happy is the most powerful antidote for gray, boring, or stressful days. Try this:
- Make an “I love” list. List everything that you enjoy – nothing is too small or too large. If you enjoy it, get it on the list.
- Take a look at how you spend your days. When could you fit in a little pleasure? Perhaps you could leave the office at lunch to walk in the park? Maybe you could play your favorite music while doing the dishes? Book yourself a massage this weekend?
- Repeat daily, or more often, as needed.
I play this game with my daughter we call “I Like…” – I say something I like and she says something she likes. It gets us laughing and we both find out more of what makes us both happy. Try this with anyone in your life, but if you have kids, I highly recommend playing at least once a day
To get you started down the road of happy, give this luscious recipe a try:
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1 cup organic whipping cream or carton of soft tofu or large ripe banana
- Process the first four ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for one minute, or until pureed.
- Pour puree into a medium bowl.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. If using tofu or banana, whir in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Fold whipped cream, tofu, or banana into mango puree, using a knife to swirl in a marbled effect.
Get on the List!
- The Twitter API is taking too long to respond. Please try again later.
Looking for something?
Blog Post Categories