There are so many amazing foods that are extremely healthy for us and come with many benefits for our whole body, other than just being something nutritious to eat. One of the most common questions I am asked as a health coach is, “What is the most important health food to eat.” And while this doesn’t necessarily answer that question for everyone (because everyone is different and therefore so is my advice ;), but my 2 favorite health foods for any season are Quinoa + Ginger.
Here are a few amazing benefits of Quinoa!
1. It’s actually not a grain – it’s a seed! It’s packed with nutrients and incredibly balanced – in 1 cup, you have 8 grams of protein (, 4 grams of fiber, omega 3’s, lots of minerals. So use this in place of pasta, rices, etc.
2. It has lots of flavanoids (antioxidants) to help protect your cells and detoxify wink emoticon In animal tests, the quercetin (flavanoid) level in quinoa is higher than that of cranberries – and in animal testing, it’s shown to have major anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-cancer, and anti-depressant effects.
3. It’s gluten-free, naturally!
4. It’s an amazing plant-based source of protein – and a complete protein – packed with all of the essential amino acids. Plant-based = more fiber, too!
5. It’s low-glycemic
6. It contains essential minerals where most people are deficient – magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium
GINGER has become one of my favorite flavors over the past couple of years and it has some major benefits to your health (and weight!)
- it improves and aids in digestion
- it has the ability to prevent inflammation from occurring
- it reduces inflammation
- suppresses hunger
- improves blood flow and increases energy
- excellent relief for nausea, bloat, stomach bugs
- increases immunity
Adding both of these foods into your diet + lifestyle can help create amazing energy and health. Remember, being healthy isn’t an overnight success story – it’s an ongoing process. Consistency is key 😉
Get My Recipes + Lifestyle Tips To Your Inbox!
Looking for something?
Blog Post Categories